V Visa – Spouse and Children of a Lawful Permanent Resident

The V classification allow a Lawful Permanent Resident to bring foreign national spouse and children living abroad to the U.S. while they are awaiting the adjudication of their immigrant visa petition.

To qualify for the V visa:

  • The Lawful Permanent Resident spouse filed an immigrant visa petition on or before December 21, 2000 on behalf of the foreign spouse and unmarried children under 21;
  • The family members have been waiting at least three (3) years since the filing of the immigrant visa petition.

U.S. embassies and consulates have not issued any V visas for the past several years because applicants with priority dates on or before December 21, 2000, were able to apply for immigrant visas as their priority dates became current.

For more information about this visa category contact us today to schedule a professional consultation with an Immigration Attorney. Call (305) 515-VISA (8472) or click here.

Nous parlons Francais – We speak English – Hablamos Espanol