A permanent resident has the right to:
- Live permanently in the U.S.;
- Work in the U.S. at any legal work;
- Be protected by all laws of the U.S., his/her state of residence and local jurisdictions.
A permanent resident is required to:
- Obey all laws of the U.S., the states, and localities;
- File his/her income tax returns and report his/her income to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service and state taxing authorities;
- Support the democratic form of government and not to change the government through illegal means;
- Register with the Selective Service, if he is a male age 18 through 25.
For more information contact us today to schedule a professional consultation with an Immigration Attorney. Call (305) 515-VISA (8472) or click here.
Nous parlons Francais – We speak English – Hablamos Espanol