I Visa – Representatives of Foreign Media

The I nonimmigrant classification is available to Representatives of Foreign Media including reporters, film crews, editors, and similar occupations.

To qualify for an I visa:

  • The visa applicant must represent a foreign information media outlet (press, radio, film, or other foreign information media);
  • The visa applicant must be coming to the U.S. to engage solely in this profession;
  • The visa applicant must have a home office in a foreign country;
  • The visa applicant’s activities must be essential to the U.S. organization.

Period of Stay:
Admission under a I nonimmigrant visa is usually authorized for the duration of status. Consequently, no application for extension of stay is required to be filed as long as the media representative continues working for the same employer.

Family of I Visa Holders:
The spouse and children under the age of 21 of an I nonimmigrant visa holder are eligible to apply for an I nonimmigrant visa. They are not authorized to work, but they can study in the U.S.

For more information about this visa category contact us today to schedule a professional consultation with an Immigration Attorney. Call (305) 515-VISA (8472) or click here.

Nous parlons Francais – We speak English – Hablamos Espanol