Family of a Lawful Permanent Resident

A green card holder a/k/a permanent resident may petition for certain family members to immigrate to the U.S.  as permanent residents.

A Permanent Resident may petition for the following family members:

    • Spouse (husband or wife);
    • Unmarried children under 21;
    • Unmarried son or daughter of any age.

–> To check visa availability click here, i.e. other relatives must wait for their visa category to become available to be granted permanent resident status.


    • Two step process;
    • Premium Processing not Available;
    • Visa availability varies depending on the Alien’s relationship to the Permanent Resident.

If the permanent resident relative that petitioned for a foreign national becomes a U.S. Citizen, the alien’s preference category changes and an immigrant visa may be available sooner. 

For more information about this visa category contact us today to schedule a professional consultation with an Immigration Attorney. Call (305) 515-VISA (8472) or click here.

Nous parlons Francais – We speak English – Hablamos Espanol