A green card holder a/k/a permanent resident may petition for certain family members to immigrate to the U.S. as permanent residents.
A Permanent Resident may petition for the following family members:
- Spouse (husband or wife);
- Unmarried children under 21;
- Unmarried son or daughter of any age.
–> To check visa availability click here, i.e. other relatives must wait for their visa category to become available to be granted permanent resident status.
- Two step process;
- Premium Processing not Available;
- Visa availability varies depending on the Alien’s relationship to the Permanent Resident.
If the permanent resident relative that petitioned for a foreign national becomes a U.S. Citizen, the alien’s preference category changes and an immigrant visa may be available sooner.
For more information about this visa category contact us today to schedule a professional consultation with an Immigration Attorney. Call (305) 515-VISA (8472) or click here.
Nous parlons Francais – We speak English – Hablamos Espanol